Thursday, December 27, 2007

My "Wild at Heart" Men

When I see my husband working outside in his element, it reminds me of the book "Wild at Heart" by John Eldridge. I am so glad that he is training our sons to be men that are warriors (even at their young age), men that seek adventures, men that are pleasing to God.

From Eldridge's book:
There is something fierce, passionate, and wild in the heart of every man.

That is how he bears the image of God.

And the reason most men "live lives of quiet desperation" (Thoreau) is because men have been told that the reason God put them on earth is to be a good boy.


To be nice.

But every man longs for a battle to fight, an adventure to live, and a beauty to rescue.



The Buckaroos are being led by their dad down a path whereby they come to know they are a man and are able to live and love from a deep, centered strength.

I am so glad that I am the beauty that Big Buckaroo rescues every day.

7 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

What great pictures!!

Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! And who said you had to have a wimpy Christmas tree! Just look at what those guys are choppin ya! hahaha

sharon brobst said...

beautiful post Stephanie!

I recently read parts of that book and while I didn't agree with it all...I do wish I had read it BEFORE my boys were grown....

Anonymous said...

sweet sweet...makes perfect sense. and such fun to read your words. just remember you and training up young men..to be marvelous,fabulous God Fearing incredible HUSBANDS..some day :)

Amber said...

Who wouldn't follow a man like that?!

Sandy said...

Just makes me go awwwwww!

Anonymous said...

I once heard at the Great Fathers Class that as fathers we are not raising boys but men.
After telling my wife about that wisdom, she went one better and said you are raising men but more important you are raising fathers.