Thursday, January 28, 2010

Discovering God's Purpose, Plan and Passion - Narrow Gate Foundation

Growing up I took dance classes, like most southern belles. It is required so you can learn to sparkle at an early age. There were always the girls a few years older who we all looked up to. For me, a girl named Stacy was all that! I remember spending the night with her one night before one of our dance recitals, I could not believe I was lucky enough to hang out with the popular dance chick. The pink sponge rollers my mom required me to put in my hair crimped my style a little bit, but she never made fun of my doo-doo curls on the day of the recital.

ANYWAY.... when I boomeranged back home one semester due to an unfortunate statistics class and my college being way to close to New Orleans, she had graduated college in Nashville and moved back home too. We became great friends and hung out all the time. Since that time we have stayed in each others lives even though there have been periods of time that we have not talked just due to distance and crazy, everyday life.

When we were both in our hometown for Christmas many years ago, she and her husband came to my mother's house and visited with Big Buckaroo and I. They were embarking on a wonderful new adventure, God had taken hold of them and was using them mightily. They started a Christian wilderness experience for young men ages 18-25 that desired to take a "pause" from the distractions of life to discover who they are and what their purpose on earth is all about.

View the video below to see the wonderful work of Narrow Gate Foundation. Get involved with them, there are many ways to help. Or, take pause and ask God what He has for you to do to glorify His name.



(really, take the time to view this)

Narrow Gate Foundation makes a difference in the lives of young men who are making life long commitment to serve God and the world in which we live.

And, I know the fruits of this ministry, God used it to save one of my brothers.
The Park Wife


Enter through the Narrow Gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But, narrow is the gate that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always loved that verse.
I got my shirt! Thanks! :)