Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's and A Child's Heart

Hi moms,
I want to share with you a little Valentine idea I am doing with our two boys. My goal is to each year make a Valentine card and put it away in a box for their future wife. So, on their first Valentine's Day together as a married couple, he can give them to her (yes, I am also an idealistic romantic).

I talk often about how we are teaching our children to guard their hearts, and in the area of girls I want them to find the girl God has picked just for them without much drama or turmoil before that happens.

Our hearts are the control center for our lives. The Buckaroo's behavior (which does reflect their heart) is important to me but not as important as what is going on in their hearts.

I love being in love with Big Buckaroo and I hope and pray that our marriage is an example of a loving, passionate, romantic love that they will find with their spouse one day. I would be so sad to see them in a boring marriage where they just endure and fulfill their obligation. I don't believe that is what marriage is supposed to be. It is hard work, but I love reaping the benefits of that hard work.

Loving my Big Buckaroo on Valentine's Day and everyday,
The Park Wife

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the well-spring of life. Proverbs 4:23

6 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

What an incredible idea. Your son's wives will be so touched that you have been praying and thinking about them for so many years.

Btw, I am trying to become your best blog friend like you are to Pioneer Woman. You are so cool!! I wanna live on a park in a cute little town, sell veggies, have funky animals in my house, give great advice, and have great ideas all while looking good! I don't ask for much! I hope that does not scare you. So when you put out your first book, I will be first in line! ;-)

David said...

;-)

Anonymous said...

Cute idea! Happy Valentine's Day!

Arkansas Patti said...

Your example should be all they need. We tend to go in the direction we came from.

Jamie said...

What a great idea. I love brilliant ideas.

Gina said...

This is a precious idea! I'm married to a guy who thinks Valentine's Day is a made-up holiday to sell cards, flowers and chocolate. He does, however, celebrate our anniversary (just two weeks away...#20) in a big way. I also love that you are teaching your boys to guard their hearts when it comes to girls. Dating is such a big deal in our culture these days and it's everywhere...even in some cartoons. Crazy!!!!