Friday, March 7, 2008

Brrrrrr......

O.K., it is cold and snowing here! My friends in Maine, Vermont, etc., I admire you because I would not be able to handle this for extended periods. It's fun for a while and then I am cold, tired of cleaning up the mudroom, and washing the Little Buckaroo's wet clothes. But, it is so beautiful!

In an effort to share the beauty with you, I took a picture...from inside my warm kitchen, with a cup of coffee close by.


That would be the barn that houses the sled that hopefully Big Buckaroo will be home soon to pull out because the Little Buckaroo's are dying to go out and play in the snow.


Alright, I bravely stepped out the back door to take a picture of the beautiful tulip tree that is shivering. You have to look close to see the blooms.

It was so wet and cold during one of my soccer games at the University of Southern Mississippi that my toes were frozen, no kidding. Let me tell you, when you have to run and kick a soccer ball with wet, frozen feet, it scars you. Every time I walk out in this kind of weather, I have flashbacks.


You can see the blooms better here. I then stepped back inside and downed some hot coffee.
I am going to be brave and face my frigid soccer demons and go pull out all the coats, gloves, ski mask, boots, and indulge the boys in some snow fun. I will leave the soccer balls inside, I just can't face it all right now.
Stay warm,
The Park Wife

4 comments:

Mama Tango said...

Poor little blooms!! I hope the buckaroos had an excellent time outside! I'm done with the snow as well...definitely ready for spring here.

:Jayne said...

Oh I wish it were snowing here! I hope the boys have fun on the sled. Mine used to love going up north in the winter, my parent's lived on top of a big hill and it was perfect for sledding.
One more thing in common....my older two boys were soccer players.

OKGardners said...

WOW! That's a lot of snow! We got missed again with the snow, but that is OK with me. This is the 3rd or 4th time we have been "predicted" to have snow and it barely missed us and went East.

Hope you and the family enjoyed the playtime.

Betty in Oklahoma

Anonymous said...

Only in the Park could you blog about blooms one day, and snow the next :O) Crazy weather! Great snow! We got some here, but it didn't stick :o( I'm so glad the Buckaroos had fun! And I love the family snow pic!