Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Celebration

What a beautiful Easter weekend!


Yes, I dressed them all in navy blazers. I have some handsome Buckaroos!


Little Buckaroo was able to express himself with his signature red high tops. Sometimes he reminds me so much of Opie on the Andy Griffith Show. I am sure Happy Days are ahead for him (sorry, I could not resist).




See, getting four people in our family to look into the camera and smile at the same time is close to impossible. But, it was chilly and the lure of the eggs all over the ground was just too much to handle. Maybe next year!


Littlest Buckaroo working hard to get a few eggs. Yes, that is a real wire egg basket. Isn't it amazing all the time it takes to get a church Easter Egg hunt organized and it is all over within 20 seconds?

The boys are so oblivious to the whole Easter Bunny thing. We have chosen to focus solely on Christmas as Christ's birth (no Santa Clause) and Easter on the resurrection (no Easter baskets or Easter Bunny). Our choice, our beliefs, I know everyone does not agree.

We did let them do the egg hunt right before Sunday School, they just thought they got to get some candy before church, the Buckaroo's do get to have fun. But, let me tell you, that wandering person dressed as a bunny running around Wal-mart the week of Easter tends to provoke conversation among the Buckaroos. I am sorry to any children that heard Little Buckaroo explaining to Littlest Buckaroo (a little too loudly) last Friday who the Easter Bunny was or actually was not and what Easter is really about.


Little Buckaroo and his friend checking out their Easter Egg loot.
Can't you imagine what they were saying:

LB: Hey Max, whatcha got?

Max: Shiny gold thing, do you think it is money?

LB: No, it has a rabbit on it, usually money has some old dead guy with weird hair on it..

Max: Do you think it is rabbit money?

LB: yeah, it is so big it would probably buy a lot of carrots.

Max: I don't really like carrots, what else could I get with it?

LB: Maybe some of those plastic egg things, it's not real money and they are not real eggs.

Max: Thanks Buckaroo, mom says it is time for Sunday School, I gotta go.

LB: See ya, I probably have to go take ANOTHER picture.


This is Little Buckaroo's Sunday School teacher and babysitter. She is one of only a few people that I have left my children with, ever. I adore her and her family. Her mom is my mentor mom I have written about. She has a heart for children and is exceptional with our boys.

It was a fabulous weekend focusing on Jesus' sacrifice and teaching our children about what He did for us. For that, I am in awe and so very grateful.

Have a wonderful week,
The Park Wife

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We totally believe the same thing! Our kids know the true meaning of Easter and Christmas. Now the Tooth Fairy, we let that one slide. :)

Hope you had a great weekend!

Michelle said...

You are not alone in your choice to focus on the Cross, and not on santa or a bunny. Great photo's and I have to agree, it is NOT possible to get everyone looking at the camera, at the same time. :)

lolly said...

What gorgeous B-boys! And you as always look great!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family! It's ok if not everyone is looking at the camera, though I know we, er, I should say, I always try to get a good picture anyway!

We don't make a big deal about Santa or the Easter Bunny either. We'll participate in family activities, but that's not what those holidays are about. Thankfully my son could care less, for the most part. Seriously, where did the Easter bunny come from?! I don't even know how that started!

sharon brobst said...

I was just telling a friend the other day that my boys are now 25 and 21, and never believed in the Easter bunny or Santa and we never participated in Holloween. We did however do the whole egg hunt thing just for the fun of it...today they have adjusted well and are very emotionally healthy. :-)

Whitney said...

Aww...the whole family looks so cute! I love the red shoes and the happy days pun! Those old shows are so great :)

OKGardners said...

The pictures are great! Love the kids in all photos. You and "Daddy" are very nice looking, too. I'm glad you are teaching your boys the right way on the holidays. You are both great parents. So proud of you for that.

Betty in Oklahoma