Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ask The Park Wife ~ Cheesecake Dilemma


Question from my new friend Lumberjack's Wife:

Why does my husband not like cheesecake?
Honey, I do not see a problem here except that you think you can’t bring cheesecake into your home because hubby will not eat it. Big Buckaroo is not fond of cheesecake but that means more for me! That could be why I am still saying I am trying to lose baby weight when my son turns 4 next week. Does anyone have a deck of Deal a Meal cards lying around I could use?

If you want to be dessert compassionate, try to figure out hubby’s abnormal dislike for cheesecake. It could be a texture thing or a cheesecake ignorance issue or both. Maybe the only kind that he has ever had is the supermarket refrigerator cheesecakes. Those are an abomination; they get stuck in your mouth. Yuck! A real baked cheesecake, aka the good stuff, is thick and rich and made in a springform pan with a graham cracker crust, and takes lots and lots of cream cheese and lemon juice and sugar and eggs. Oh my!

The Park Wife’s 2-step program to cheesecake becoming a staple at your house:

Step 1 ~ Cheesecake introduction for hubby. Try a recipe for a light and fluffy cheesecake, nothing artificially flavored or plasticky. You can’t beat a smooth and fluffy cheesecake. Oooh, just rub it on my hips, that is where it is going. I know this great gal out of Oklahoma who part of her blog is targeted toward cooking, I bet you can get a good recipe there. Or, you can't beat Paula Deen, I love me some butter!

Step 2~ If he still does not like it, then I would not be too upset. Make 6 cheesecakes, at least one needs to have fruit on top, you have to get your fruit serving for the day. Next, invite all yours girlfriends over and have a cheesecake party. Friends, laughter, and cheesecake. It does not get much better than that. Oh, and the best thing is that you get to eat all the party leftovers.

Sweetie, I understand your confusion over your husband’s dislike for cheesecake, it is just not natural to not like a soothing to the soul cheesecake. I say make him a chocolate cake and move on into cheesecake land alone. We all need a little alone time.

So go ahead , eat and be jolly!
The Park Wife

5 comments:

Joe said...

Tell the park hubby that I'll have his cheesecake....who doesn't like cheesecake? :)

Anonymous said...

Yum . . . I like the idea of 6 cheesecakes!

Maybe I will throw away all other groceries and just have cheesecake on hand!

Yes . . that will work!
Thanks for your answer!

Lisa said...

I can't imagine! My fam loves cheesecake so much, an entire section of my recipe binder is devoted to those lovelies. Pumpkin with Bourbon Sour Cream Sauce, Peanut Butter and Chocolate, Chocolate and Peppermint, and my fav- Amaretto and Peach. I have to go eat a cheesecake now.

Mommy Lion said...

You are crackin' me up! So what's on the schedule for Thanksgiving? If you come this way let us know! I'd love to drive over for a visit!

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

My brother is one of those "weird" types that doesn't like cheesecake either. He HATES cream cheese. So, when we all bring out the desserts and he asks if there's cream cheese in it I promptly answer, "Nope." And he eats it. Dummy.
Great answer, by the way. You're a natural! =)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com