Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ask The Park Wife: Not From Scratch Cookies

Is making cookies from a bag (like Betty Crocker's sugar or choc. chip) qualify for homemade? Upnorth

Dear Upnorth,
I would have to say NO. But, that does not mean that they are not tasty and completely acceptable to serve. You could doctor them up a bit or if you are taking them to a party, put a few minutes into the presentation.

But, as with everything in life, be upfront and honest. When I get compliments on pre-made food, which just has to happen sometimes when you have kids and 3,248 other things to get done in a day (I hear all my foodie friends GASPING ), I say,  "I was up all night making that". Then I say, not really, and tell them what brand it is.

As if we as women need one more thing to feel inadequate about, girl, just get that roll of dough and pop them in the oven.  Remember, it is the thought that counts and the people you want to surround yourself with in this life will be perfectly happy with Betty Crocker as long as you are there with them.

The Park Wife, who will never be featured on the Food Network

It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection. ~ The Bhagavad Gita

4 comments:

mimis kitchen52 said...

thanks for the abswer, I kinda knew, but I always have made from scratch stuff, but working full time makes it hard!

Sheila said...

Amen, do what you do best, be who you are, and don't make any excuses for it. I love me a good Betty Crocker cookie ; D

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Cute post sweetie!!

I haven't heard from ya in a loooooog time and was just thinkin' 'bout ya today.

Hope ya had the best Christmas and the New Year is treatin' ya well.

God bless and have a marvelous week!!!

Enjoy..........

Leanna said...

Does it take 2 months to recover from a move? =) Anxious to hear about your family all settled in! I miss knowing you're around when I visit Susanna. :(